Many have lost their website to hackers through unwanted malware that infected their website, and unfortunately many are not aware of the potential damage until things went out of hand and they lose their website.
If you are one of those that is interested in your website’s security then you need to know how to scan your website for vulnerabilities.
There are several tools (premium and paid) that you can use to scan your website for vulnerabilities, it is always advisable that webmasters and site owners check their websites from time for potential malware. So if you need to know some free website malware scanners then read further.
Using any of these website safety checkers you can check malware on your website. In the course of this post i will outline the best of those free website malware scanner.
- Wordfence: this is one of the best security plugin available out their, it is a great tool to scan core theme and plugin files and it compared it to the standard on WordPress.org repository to be sure your files have not being infected with malicious codes. All backdoor codes, trojans and phishing URLs are uncovered in a warning alert when using the scan feature of the tool.
- Theme Authenticity Checker: TAC is another useful plugin on our list that you can use to detect malware and injected backdoor links on your WordPress site, simply down the plugin from wordpress.org repository and perform some scan on your WordPress website.
- My WordPress Health Check: This is another free tool to check the overall welfare of your WordPress website. The plugin checks for loopholes in your website and check if there are outdated software used to run your website that may cause a breach.
- Anti-Malware Security and Brute-Force Firewall: This is an awesome security check plugin that performs a detailed on your website and attempt to automatically remove known threats and backdoors in your WP site. This plugin has being installed on more than 200,000 WordPress sites, we think you should try it out too.
- Antivirus: This is another awesome malware scanner to detect daily threats on your WordPress site in order to be able to take timely action, the only downside of this plugin is it has only being updated 2 years ago.
- Exploit scanner wordpress: This is another plugin that searches your entire website for suspicious or irregular file names in your directory, however the plugin does not remove any threat and sometimes return false positive results, it is more of a warning system that alert users the need to action. Plugin has not being updated in the last 12 month so proceed with caution.
- Sucuri scan: in terms of result and protecting your website from hackers and potential threats this plugin premium version offers the best value for money.